NEET 2021 IMPORTANT DATES
*OBC-NCL (Other Backward Classes)-NCL (Non-Creamy Layer) as per the Central List of Other Backward Classes available on the National Commission for Backward Classes. The candidates falling in this list
(available on http://www.ncbc.nic.in/ ) may mention OBC-NCL in the Category Column. State-listed OBCNCL Candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose General.
- Candidates can apply for NEET (UG)-2021 through the “Online” mode only.
- Submission of the Online Application Form may be done by accessing the NTA website https://neet.nta.nic.in/. The Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate.
- Candidates must follow the instructions given in the Information Bulletin and on the NTA website strictly. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates must ensure that the e-mail Address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own or Parents/Guardians only as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the registered e-mail address or SMS on registered Mobile Number only.
- Instructions for filling Online Application Form:
♦ In order to ensure that the candidate data is submitted quickly, the Application Form for NEET (UG) – 2021 has been divided into Two Sets/Phases.
The first set of information needs to be filled up before the last date of submission of the online Application Form. The second set of information needs to be filled up by the candidates before the declaration of the Result/ downloading of Score Card during the period that would be notified separately through NEET (UG) Portal in due course.
All candidates shall fill up each set of information of the Application Form at the respective time of availability. In the absence of filling up of any of the set of information, his/her candidature will be cancelled. The ‘columns’ to be filled up in each set of information are available in the Information Bulletin as Appendix-XVII for your reference.
♦ Download Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. Read these carefully to ensure your eligibility. In case a candidate is found to fill in more than one application, the Admit Card will be cancelled/withheld and his/her candidature will be forfeited for this/future examination.
♦ Follow the steps given below to Apply NEET 2021 Online:
Step-1: Apply for NEET 2021 Online Registration using your Parents/Guardians or your own unique Email Id and Mobile No.
Step-2: Fill in the NEET 2021 Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No.
Step-3: Upload scanned images of candidate’s latest passport size photograph (jpg filesize: 10 kb to 200 kb); post card size photograph (4”x6”) (jpg file size: 10 kb – 200 kb); siature (jpg file size: 4kb – 30kb); left hand thumb impression (jpg file size: 10 kb-200 kb) (in case of any eventuality of left thumb being unavailable, right hand thumb impression may be used.); Class X pass certificate (pdf file size: 50kb to 300kb); category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS etc.); (pdf file size: 50kb to 300kb) & PwBD certificate (pdf file size: 50kb to 300kb); Citizenship certificate/Embassy certificate or any Documentary proof of Citizenship certificate in PDF format (file size: 50 kb to 300 kb), (pdf of all these documents should be in
prescribed format/file of required size as mentioned against each). For photography, the focus needs to be on the face (80% face coverage, ears clearly visible, on white background).
Step-4: Pay the fee using SBI/Canara Bank/HDFC/ICICI/Paytm Payment Gateway through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net-banking/UPI/Wallet and keep proof of fee paid safely for future reference.
♦ In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of the prescribed Fee, then the candidate should approach the concerned Bank/Payment Gateway integrator (the helpline number and email given in Appendix- XVI of the Information Bulletin), for ensuring the successful payment.
♦ In spite of the above, if a successful transaction is not reflected on the Portal, the
candidate may contact NTA Helpline. If the payment issue is still not resolved, the
candidate may pay a second time. However, any duplicate payment received from the candidate by NTA in the course of said transactions will be refunded through the same payment mode through which the duplicate payment is received, after fee reconciliation by NTA.
♦ Download, save and print copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee and keep copies safely for future reference.
♦ All the above-mentioned 4 Steps can be done together in one go or at different times.
7. Candidates are advised to regularly visit the NTA website and also check their e-mails/SMS for the latest updates.
8. Candidates shall appear at their own cost at the Examination Centre on the Date and Timing indicated on their Admit Card issued by the NTA.
9. Any request to change the Examination Centre, Date, and Time provided on the Admit Card shall not be considered under any circumstances.
10. Candidates are advised to take 6-8 Passport size and 4-6 Post Card size (4” X6”) coloured photographs with white background. The photographs are to be used for uploading an Online Application Form, for examination, and also for Counselling/Admission. This is to ensure that the same photograph is used for all documents and all purposes related to NEET (UG)-2021.
- The final submission of the Online Application Form will remain incomplete if step-3 and step-4 under
point 6 are not completed. Such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will
- No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any
- The entire application process of NEET (UG)-2021 is online, including uploading of scanned images and
documents, Payment of Fees, and Printing of Confirmation Page. Therefore, candidates are not required
to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA through Post/ Fax/ by Hand/Email.
11. All Candidates appearing in NEET (UG) – 2021 must regularly check updates on the website of NTA (https://neet.nta.nic.in//); MoH&FW (https://www.mohfw.gov.in/); AYUSH Ministry (www.ayush.gov.in); DGHS (https://dghs.gov.in/content/1344_1_MedicalEducation.aspx); Medical Counselling Committee (https://mcc.nic.in/UGCounselling/); (Admission Central Counselling Committee of Ministry of AYUSH) https://aaccc.gov.in/aacccug/home/homepage
and other concerned Authorities of participating States/Universities/Institutions, till the conclusion of the final round of Counselling.
Candidates are NOT allowed to carry any Instruments, Geometry or Pencil box, Handbag, Purse, any kind of Paper/ Stationery/ Textual material
(printed or written material), Eatables and Water (loose or packed), Mobile Phone/ Earphone/ Microphone/ Pager, Calculator, DocuPen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Camera, Tape Recorder, Electronic Watches with facilities of calculators, any metallic item or electronic gadgets/ devices in the
Examination Hall/Room. Diabetic students are allowed to carry eatables like sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/ orange) and transparent water bottles to the Examination Hall. However, they will not be allowed to carry packed foods like chocolates/candy/sandwiches, etc. For detailed instruction refer to Chapter 8 and Chapter 9. Candidates taking the help of others (including Cyber Café etc.) should ensure that all the four steps mentioned above have been filled up correctly in their presence only. False/misleading information will lead to cancellation of candidature and/or criminal proceedings under laws of the land as applicable.
- Candidates are advised to read the Information Bulletin carefully and go through the instructions regarding filling out the Online Application Form available on the NEET (UG) website https://neet.nta.nic.in/, before starting online registration.
- The candidate should ensure that all information entered during the online registration process is correct.
- Online information provided by candidates like name of the candidate, contact/ address details, category, nationality, PwBD status, educational qualification details, date of birth, etc. will be treated as correct/final. Any request for changes in information after the closure of the correction period will not be considered by NTA under any circumstances. Any candidate found to mislead by providing inaccurate
information will be debarred from taking the examination.
- NTA disclaims any liability that may arise due to incorrect information provided by the candidate(s) during the registration process.
- NTA does not edit /modify/alter any information entered by the candidates after completion of the application process under any circumstances. NTA does not guarantee that any request for change in information thereafter will be entertained. Therefore, candidates are
advised to exercise utmost caution and care for filling up correct details in the Application Form
- This Information Bulletin is based on rules/regulation as on 13.07.2021. In case there are any changes, the same will be communicated at a later date through Public Notice on the website (https://neet.nta.nic.in /).
- Please keep visiting the Website (https://neet.nta.nic.in /) for the latest updates / public notices/notifications/announcements to be issued from time to time regarding NEET (UG) 2021 (other than the information available in this Information Bulletin).
- Usage of Data and Information: NTA can use the data provided by the End-User (Candidates/ Test-Takers in this Case) for making the Confirmation Page of the Application / Admit Card /OMR Answer Sheet / Score Card, etc. available to them as well as for internal purpose(s) including training, research and development, analysis and another permissible purpose (s).
- The information about the State field of the respective candidate is only for the purpose of information and it does not mean that the candidate belongs to the domicile of that particular state as it needs to be reaffirmed from the DME of the respective states.